Paurastya (Eastern) Sesame Ginger Miso Bowl
Recipe from Eat Feel Fresh: A Contemporary, Plant-Based Ayurvedic Cookbook by Sahara Rose.
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach (option to omit for vata)
- 1 nori sheet, cut into eight pieces
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tbsp *sesame ginger miso dressing (see below for recipe)
- Toppings: black sesame or hemp seeds, fresh mint, sliced scallions
- Place quinoa in a bowl and add arugula, carrot, edamame, avocado, cucumber, nori, and sprouts.
- Drizzle with dressing and top with sesame or hemp seeds, fresh mint, and sliced scallions.
- Sweet: quinoa or rice, carrots, avocado
- Sour: lime (dressing)
- Salty: nori, miso (dressing)
- Bitter: scallions, arugula, spinach, cucumber
- Pungent: garlic (dressing), ginger (dressing)
- Astringent: sesame seeds, edamame, sprouts
Sesame Ginger Miso Dressing
*Makes 1/2 cup*
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp apple cider or coconut vinegar
- 1-2 small garlic cloves (omit for pitta), minced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 drop liquid monk fruit or 1/4 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 2 tbsp warm water
In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.